Back in 1935 C.E Steele, the fourth owner of Roselawn, had the grounds professionally drawn up into the popular gardenesque style. This formal design included a fountain that was stocked with koi fish, adorned with an oriental pagoda and surrounded with shrub roses. Between 2015 and 2016, with the help of the City of Port Colborne, Erie Landscaping and a number of eager volunteers the Roselawn garden fountain was restored to its full glory. An official ceremony was held on May 27, 2016 to celebrate the rejuvenated water feature. A number of coins were tossed in for good luck.